Wednesday, January 7, 2015

THE POWER OF LOVE- by Jersey Flight



How to change the world (which is a question that only comes after one has changed themselves)? 

The most important dialectic, or if not, the most important thing I have ever written:

Since the "world" consists of people, the answer is LEARN TO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!!! Logic can assist; it certainly plays a role, but nothing is so powerful as our concern and compassion for people. My dear friends, this is the vital element that connects; this is the substance that can change the world!

My life should have but one concern: how can I love without being sidetracked by pettiness or dogma, without being overcome by sorrow or hate; to keep a view of the world that goes beyond anger? For even my brother, that is lost in violence, is still my brother. If I could cultivate but one guarantor, in the attributes of my character, it would be the beauty of love.

I must train myself to see the plight of the other as though it were my own; as though his wound were my wound; as though his misfortunes happened to me. Only this, and not some magic ideology, contains enough power to transcendent the failures of men. Only this, coupled with the power of education.

Can we name anything more important; aside from this, what really matters?

How do we maximize our output of love; how do we maximize our effectiveness in promoting and spreading love throughout the world?

It would seem that every answer must begin with the transformation and solidification of the qualitative self. To cultivate a life of love that this life might overflow and affect the lives of others.  

-
-