Saturday, July 25, 2015

A LETTER ON DIALECTIC- Jersey Flight


Dearest Dr. M & J,

I would like to truly and deeply thank both of you. You have both helped me to become significantly more aware of my dialectic (not that it is fallacious but that it is being perceived as fallacious) (the objection against it is that it is morally wrong). And though I am within my logical rights to demand a justification for this morality (which in most cases the defendant will not be able to provide) I believe that such a complaint comes too late (the fallacious assumptions of the individual are already set in stone-- they are proclaimed without falsification!). One sees the negative and assumes it must be wrong; one is offended and assumes their offense is evidence of evil.

I am now faced with the question of how to reach the full potential of dialectic without compromising the power of dialectic for the sake of peace (even though I suspect the latter may at times be necessary in place of the former--- but if this is the case then the case must be made)!

This signifies a turning point in my life as a polemicist.


respectfully yours, 
Jersey Flight

-
-